The Space Between My Peers: Facing Tomorrow Without Trauma

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Facing Tomorrow Without Trauma

Tomorrow is Sunday. No doubt when we leave we will all be dressed, but chances are good that someone will have had some wardrobe trauma in the process. Generally, one of us ladies is the one with the problem and one of the others is the one with the solution. Look out if two of us can't decide what to wear!

I recall a time a few years ago when my own Sunday morning wardrobe trauma was pretty much weekly. My problem: I didn't actually own a dress, but every Sunday morning I tried to select one from my closet to wear. My solution: I bought a khaki skirt that I could wear to church with my T-shirts. That skirt was one of the few items I ever paid full price for (I think it was $30 or so), but I wore it several years before selling it on consignment this past summer. In warm weather, I wore it with tanks and sandals. Come winter, it was turtlenecks and boots.

So, figure out your own formula. What do you like to wear to church? I guarantee you won't find it in your closet on Sunday morning if you don't actually have it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I can wear just about any thing and feel "dressed for church" if I add a scarf and lipstick. Like today: casual knit pants, black tank top, oversize heavy cotton shirt... all made "nice" by the addition of a lovely multi-hued scarf, my favorite lipstick, and my new green handbag. The handbag gets so many compliments I always feel commpelled to share that I got it at the "Nothing Over $19.41" leather store downtown.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. I left my comment to the wrong entry. I think you will figure it out. can it be fixed :)?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Sorry, Stacy, I am not yet computer-savvy enough to know how to move your great comment to where it should be. But, I totally agree with your analysis of the source of the problem. Stacy's Comment

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page