The Space Between My Peers: Fashion Lab: Jeans Tucked Into Boots

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Fashion Lab: Jeans Tucked Into Boots

When I first noticed the practice of tucking jeans into knee-high boots being revived, I thought to myself, "I'll just sit this one out".

Until one day last week. Walking at noon with my husband, I happened to notice a lady on the other side of the street. Her boots were very like mine, and she looked quite normal wearing them with jeans tucked in. With the color value similarity of the dark jeans and brown boots, her legs looked like legs (not hams on pedestals, which was my fear).

The other thing I noticed was that her top was a light color, in contrast to the pant/boot combination.

"Ah ha!" Maybe that's the trick.

So here you have it:
  • What I actually wore today. Since I was the greeting mentor at our MOPS group, I wore my Eddie Bauer Seattle Suede jean jacket over my sweater.

  • The look I am testing: dark jeans, tucked into knee-high boots, topped by a light colored top. I think it works!

  • For the sake of comparison, the same look only with a dark brown top.

What do you think of jeans tucked into boots? What techniques have you successfully used?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love wearing my jeans like that, but I´ve never really thought about it like this, I don´t even remember how I used to wear my jeans before I started tucking them in! :) It looks great on you by the way!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks Agathe. I noticed your picture with the dark top, vest, and the brighter boots. That look works too!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You go Rebecca! It looks great!

I love tucked in jeans, especially skinny jeans. If you are shorter, I think this trend works well with mid calf slouchy boots, too, as they elongate the leg (not that I've found the right boots yet).

For those of us in true winter climes, it also eliminates the annoying snowy/wet/salt stained pant leg problem, too!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Maria Palma said...

Rebecca,

I am a jean-tucked-in-the-boot wearer as well and it makes me look taller! Besides, most of my pants are long on me because I'm pretty short, so it works because I don't have pants that drag on the pavement ;)

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some keen observation on your part! I've always thought my legs looked like hams in skinny jeans+boots purely because of my body type.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Avengers said...

Fashion stolen again from menswear. Society accepting female cross-dressing is unfair to males and their historical clothes. How about the male tradition of this type of fashion, such as : European armies, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Cisco Kid, Zorro, Lone Ranger ?

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page