The Space Between My Peers: My Viktor & Rolf at H&M Post

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, November 10, 2006

My Viktor & Rolf at H&M Post

What does Viktor & Rolf for H&M have to do with a SAHM at the bottom of the fashion food chain in the mountains of the Great Northwest? Not much. But when Catwalk Queen (beware: pop-ups) began showing up in my Sitemeter, I serendipitously got a peak into how the more fashionable live.

Queuing up for hours to buy things fascinates me. I've even been know to get up early on the day after Thanksgiving (does that shopping day have an official name?), go with my husband to get a latte, and drink it in the car, while watching the early morning shoppers go in and out of the store. So I thoroughly enjoyed Shiny TVs video, at Catwalk Queen, as well as Style Bubble's longer one with interior shots.

Tell me: what position in the fashion food chain do all those people in line occupy? And more importantly, what are you willing to queue up for?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love queuing for these sales, and i love the scramble. it's so exhilirating, and makes you love the item even more when it's finally in your hands. you just have to wear an item you bruised someone for.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rebecca, I just don't queue anymore. A line-up at the cash register is one thing. Waiting for a store to open and mayhem to be unleashed ... I am well past that!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The day after Thanksgiving is known as Black Friday.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Perhaps it should be black and blue Friday. he hee. But then, maybe it isn't really funny after watching those videos.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page