The Space Between My Peers: Closing the Space

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Closing the Space

It's a lonely world out there. Moving from strangers to acquaintances to friends is a process that takes time and effort (hopefully NOT money), but offers immense benefits. Some practical thoughts to get you started:

  • Sit by someone you don't know, when attending an event where you know most people.
  • When you run into someone you recognize, but don't necessarily remember, introduce yourself. Repeat as necessary.
  • Address people by name. Smile.
  • When selecting a seat, why leave a space between? If you like the person, just go in and sit next to them as if you were their friend.
  • Drive together, like to meetings and parties.
  • Schedule regular times with your friends, even if they aren't frequent. Make it a tradition, like coffee on the first day of school or lunch the third Friday of every month.
  • When you have enough friends, continue to watch for those who may not.

One more suggestion: if you and I are acquainted, try leaving a comment here. It's almost like real conversation.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Thanks for the inspirational post. I enjoy your writing and look forward to reading your blog.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I did try to leave a comment on your last post... Blogger said you had to approve it before it would be posted.

We are not just acquainted, we're friends! Lucky for us, we are family too. xoxo

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such words of wisdom ;). Speaking from the same experience. Why does something so simple seem hard for some of us? I think it is the frugal part. We think why should we by something for one day a week. We stress in the morning and figure by 2 pm that afternoon it will be over. But if we add up all those morning anxieties ..... $30 is well worth the relaxation. I would spend that on healthy food for my body why not "healthy clothes" for peace of mind? This is something my frugal mind has been trying to get over.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Just to show how computer not-savvy I am, I have no idea how to move Stacy's great comment to where she wanted it to be: with my post Facing Tomorrow Without Trauma.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page