The Space Between My Peers: Thanksgiving Leftovers Party

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Leftovers Party

Have you ever been to a leftovers party? Picture a potluck of Thanksgiving leftovers and games, with your friends, since yesterday was spent with relatives.

My outfit (that's me on the right, but dd's outfit is so cute I made her be in the picture too):

  • Old Gap jeans. I paid $1 at the thrift store. As usual, I am wearing silk "pants" under.
  • Old merino wool turtleneck, originally clearance at JCPenney.
  • Gotta love the burgundy quilted jacket with corduroy trim. $10 at the "Eddie (Bauer) Outlet". It's too "classic" for my style, I wear it as a costume. Alot.
  • My practical shoes.
  • Yay! My birthday belt came today!

Something else to be thankful for: the ladies bought us Apples to Apples for Christmas (and allowed us to open it prior to this holiday weekend). Have you played it yet?

3 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Great outfits! I haven't commented in SO long, but I'm still reading! I find your blog so helpful.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks Beck!

Jennifer, what I meant by wearing my jacket as a costume is kind of a subjective thing:

When I wear it, I am playing dress-up. I feel as if I am dressing up as someone more traditional than myself, and I only feel comfortable wearing it under certain circumstances. Fortunately, in my life anyway, those circumstances occur alot (low-key leisure event, with family or friends who are pretty traditional ...)

Did that make any sense?

9:36 PM  
Blogger Linmayu said...

I love Apples to Apples! My friends come up with the weirdest stuff in that game...

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page