The Space Between My Peers: Would You Like Another Roll ...

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Would You Like Another Roll ...

Back in "my day" we didn't want anybody to see that we had rolls. It caused one to feel somehow ... fat. These days they're everywhere.

(A related fashion faux pas is the chub. "What are chubs?", you may wonder. "Chubs", another bit of vocabulary I invented, are the rolls of flesh squeezed out over the top of low-rise pants.)

If people can add up the number of rolls in your basket, your clothes are too small.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mama Marchauna said...

I still think we should hide our "rolls"!! Not only should no one be able to come up with a total in our basket (whether or not we have them) but we should be ashamed to show them!! Please - let's get some sense when it comes to dressing. Letting it all hang out ISN'T cool with clothing!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

The kids these days call them "muffin tops", for when tight pants squeeze rolls over the waistband.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Muffin tops -- lol! I can see it. (But I wish I couldn't.) My husband thinks "cupcake" sounds friendlier.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard the 'roll' at the top of low-rise jeans called "muffin tops" because the shape looks like a fresh-baked muffin.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page