When to Compromise
When to compromise:
- Compromise on color, as long as it looks good on you.
- Compromise on fabric, in an item that is difficult for you to find.
- Compromise on fit, but only by buying a little bigger.
- Consider buying something with a minor defect, if you have the time and skills to fix it. Don't be afraid to ask for a little bit more off the price.
When not to compromise:
- If the estimated cost-per-wear will still exceed your needs. Be honest, how much will you really wear the item?
- If it causes you to violate Rule #1, the face as focal point.
- If it causes you to violate Rule #2, dress so you feel like yourself.
- If it ruins your silhouette or can't be made to work with either of your balance points.
No matter how good a deal you may think you are getting, nobody is paying you to take anything home. It's only a great deal if it works for you.