The Space Between My Peers: The Fashion Train

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Fashion Train

What's your position on the fashion train? A few years ago I had a lovely lady, whom I always thought of as well-dressed, tell me that she considered herself the caboose. Adjusting to new styles just takes her longer.

The fashion personality types adopt new styles in a predictable order. The Engine, Alternative, is not usually in style, only because she (or he) is way out ahead of it. Glamorous is next, although she will compromise on currentness in order to look great. Contemporary won't. Timeless follows, the Caboose, and Nostalgic is tossing flower petals off the rear platform, while waving her hanky.

What about Functional, you ask? Not even on the train. This person is on a horse galloping alongside. (Whether just for fun or because she missed the train, I can't say.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-oh! Functional here. I guess galloping alongside because ... it's comfortable to move along at your own schedule!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page