The Space Between My Peers: Walmart: Love It or Hate It

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Walmart: Love It or Hate It

Knowing that I will be making at least a few people unhappy, I confess that I was in Walmart, shopping, yesterday. A daughter wanting a specific kind of gum, for a specific price, was the impetus. I wasn't on a mission to get anything and I wasn't driving. I was along for the ride.

Normally I avoid Walmart. But my reasons are not so noble as many of yours. I simply find the place too confusing! Nothing is ever in the first place I look for it. Sometimes, simply out of necessity, I end up shopping there anyway. Like the time I needed a new printer before tomorrow, and it was already after 9 pm. Where else would have been open?

I'm afraid, though, that if my life were different , I would be buying some of my clothes there. I loved some of the cotton sateen jackets I saw there; and for $40 American one could have an entire suit.

And then I woke up. And remembered Target.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Well, you know I am in the "hate it" category. The ick factor (on so many levels) is just too high. I've never been in a WalMart, and probably never will.

We shop at Target sometimes when we need something that we just can't find locally. Our local general store, Swains, has a lot of the same stuff they have. But
not everything, to be sure. But I have found that some of their clothes are "disposable" -- not well made and don't last long. Sometimes that's what you are looking for.

I do agree that "super stores" can be overwhelming. I can't go into large hardware stores for the same reason. They just freak me out.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Target is the better choice! I actually like it. When the clothes I like and found cheap turn out to not last long, I'll probably be sad and lose interest.

Then again, I am in the middle of weight loss, so not everything I have can last forever, anyway. Almost sad. ALMOST!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Speaking of finding it cheap and "disposable clothes", how about Old Navy? I don't buy much there, except basic tee-shirts, though, because I cannot seem to overcome my dread that I am going to look like everyone else who shops there. Ugh!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page