The Space Between My Peers: Pantihose in the Summer

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Pantihose in the Summer

In response to all the people who get here via googling "pantihose, do I have to wear them?", the simple one-word answer is NO. The exception: if required by your professional, written or non-written, dress-code.

Now, in practice people, what do you really do? (Did I mention that we are in a record-breaking heat-wave?) I don't wear them in the summer, and several fashionable ladies shared in response to a previous post that they don't either.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my life pantihose are worn as a function of weather, or occasionally, footless as a function of VPL avoidance (but not when it is excessively warm). Toe Liberation Day is a cause for great celebration in this neck of the woods.

But ... if I were going to have lunch with the Queen, I'd likely wear them. And pumps.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never wear pantihose -- even in winter. I'd rather wear socks with boots in winter rather than those suffocating pantihose. Ugh!

In summer, it's bare feet Baby! (with a little pink toe polish)

~Jody

2:19 PM  
Blogger MommyLydia said...

The only time I wear pantyhose is if the dress I am wearing requires it. For this reason, I try to only buy clothes long enough for knee-highs to be fine.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even own a pair. I've worn support knee-hi's since they took out the lymph nodes in my right leg because of the melonoma. That may account for my choice of Uniform (pants and top), with the occasional long-skirted dress or long skirt that will hide the knee-hi's. It is nice to be freed from that expense and bother.
The support knee-hi's are expensive, but they seem to wear three or four or more times longer than any pantyhose I ever found.

10:13 AM  
Blogger trelif said...

Poor pantihose, not many ladies like you. You have kept me warm, protected me from itchy slacks, and have made my pale legs less obvious on more than one occasion. I salute you, o nylon wonders.

(but I'm glad you are only "optional status" during this day and age.)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page