The Space Between My Peers: My Mother's Day Post

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

My Mother's Day Post

I don't like holidays. I may have mentioned that before. Mother's Day, however, has no obligatory feasting, therefore I despise it less. Since I don't want to take anything away from my own mother's enjoyment of the day, I won't indulge myself with any more complaining. The simple facts are:

  • My mom is still living, young and healthy, albeit too far away.
  • My mom is moving closer this year. Close enough to have dinner together, and then drive home if we really wanted to. YAY!!!
  • When I was growing up, my mom always gave me the impression that she liked me more "now" than she ever had "before". That was a huge confidence-builder and greatly contributed to our ability to be friends now.

Even though my mother has no more interest in fashion than average, she reads this blog. That says alot.

Happy Mother's Day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Rebecca! And I'm happy that your mother will be close. What a blessing!
~Jody

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Rebecca. However, I consider myself the one that is blessed: Two wonderful, bright, considerate, loving, etc., etc., etc., daughters who are great mothers themselves. There is no better compliment

While I'm at it: Happy Mother's Day to you. [Don't think of it as a holiday. It's just another day toward our all being in the same state again!]

Love, Mom

10:59 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thanks Mom. Happy Mother's Day all around! I think you will see a lot of your daughters and grandkids (all at once, I hope) once you finally get up here.

I like holidays, including Mother's Day. Mostly because I get a "get out of guilt" card for all the things I "should" be doing that day. Instead I get to truly take a day 'off' from the piddly things that occupy my time and take a day 'on' for those things that bring me joy. Like sleeping in, fresh pastries from the neighborhood bakery, church with my family, lunch at the place our wedding reception was held, a lovely walk in the sunshine with my kids and husband, etc. etc.

Whatever you do (did) today, I hope it brought you joy and peace.

xoxo

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I mention beautiful, smart, good cooks, etc., etc., etc.

I'm not sure you want us to use your blog to correspond, Rebecca; but it is rather fun, and since I'm here anyway... [See comment on Best Bargain Buys Post.]

We're looking at a car for your grandmother tonight. I'll give you details, if we buy it.

Love, Mom

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page