The Space Between My Peers: Random Thoughts About Denim

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Random Thoughts About Denim

Significantly after my previous post about the narrowing of the flares, and my later post about skinny jeans, I came across this, with pictures, from Denimology. I trust you can figure out for yourselves what looks good.

Right after "do I have to wear pantihose?", the most common question I am asked is do I have a recommendation for jeans. As I do most of my shopping thrift, that is a challenge. I once asked the Bargain Queen to name her jeans. Her answer:
And since you asked, my latest jeans are Seven For All Mankind (bought half price :). They live up to their hype - they're extremely flattering. I'm also partial to an Australian label called Marcs, their jeans are great.
Some others that have been mentioned here and there:

  • For a basic, everyday pair of jeans I like the look of these, on sale from JCrew, which I have heard fit well. $59.99

  • Eddie Bauer appears to be having a big sale on denim, which is good news because last fall they had the jeans I really wanted, but didn't want to pay for. $29.99

  • And I have worn these, from JCPenney, in the past, and really liked them. $17.99

You've seen what I'm wearing now. Then I will be taking a break. Come fall, I'm considering dying the jeans I have a darker color. Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've worn the St. John's Bay (JC Penney) but don't like them nearly as much as the Eddie Bauer. (your link didn't work properly)

I'll be looking into the other brands you mention too. I like bootcut because I actually DO wear boots sometimes. Plus I like a little flare.

~Jody

6:44 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks, Jody, I fixed the link.
These, I think, are the ones I liked. $29.99 is a really good deal for Eddie Bauer! And we have an outlet here. I wonder if they will show up this summer for less; I've gotten some really good deals there.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page