The Space Between My Peers: Modest Swimsuit Pictures

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Modest Swimsuit Pictures

Thanks to Mary for sharing this link. She says her friend has been sewing them with great results from patterns and fabric she bought at the site. She also has a fun post with style questions up today.

Now, I know what some of you are probably thinking, so I challenge you: Look at at least 3 or 4 pictures before you totally turn your nose up. There was one of a little girl that was absolutely darling and would be very usable.

And a word to you very traditional types: some of you are at risk for looking immodest next summer. If you think, like I did 5 years ago, that a one-piece suit with moderately high-cut legs is basic swimwear, you could be showing over a FOOT more skin just in the thigh area than the modest teens that I was in the water with a month ago!

My advice: cover your thighs. Completely.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

I guess they're okay - they're better, at least than most of the "modest" swimsuits I've seen. And I would like them on a little girl.
I wear a skirted 1950s affair which looked so kicky on Veronica Lake and so very, very dowdy on me... sigh.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh yes, a one piece with (knee-length) board shorts. Perhaps you & I are not as different as all that.:)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm all for board shorts as well. They seem more modern to me than a suit with a skirt, and I can't imagine those long skirts being easy to swim in...

I don't cover up for religious reasons though, I just prefer not to have my backside hanging out where everyone can see it!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page