The Space Between My Peers: And This Is News?

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

And This Is News?

My husband found this on World Net Daily and it was the source of enough sarcasm around here that I thought I'd share:

Macy's pulls Sean John dog fur jackets:

Macy's has pulled from its shelves and its Web site two styles of Sean John hooded jackets, originally advertised as featuring faux fur, after an investigation by the nation's largest animal protection organization concluded that the garments were actually made from a certain species of dog called "raccoon dog."

and

Macy's removal of the coats comes on the heels of other tests conducted by the Humane Society of the United States on a range of fur-trimmed jackets from retailers such as Burlington Coat Factory, Bloomingdale's, J.C. Penney and Saks Fifth Avenue as well as from designers and clothing lines such as Baby Phat, Andrew Marc, MaxMara and Calvin Klein. Those tests revealed that most of the jackets labeled as "raccoon" or coyote" from China in fact contained fur from raccoon dogs.

Who wants to wear a coyote-trimmed coat, anyway?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Rebecca, while I take a break from NORAD Santa tracking and last minute wrapping, I wanted to wish you and yours a wondrous Christmas.

P.S. I've lost a present. It's around here somewhere. I had it in my hand. I just wanted to see if it would fit in a container and "presto!", it disappeared. Sometimes if I tell someone, I find it again!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thank you, Wendy! Merry Christmas to you as well!

And I hope you find the present. (No doubt you have already.)

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, who would want to wear anything with coyote on it, but then also, my dh has been trapping (you can pick up some nice money for a good coyote fur) and the trapper he sells to buys skunks and possums too! What do they do with it? Yuck.

And lest anyone feel sorry for the animals dh traps, don't. They are supreme pests in our area, causing all sorts of problems, such as killing our newborn baby goats...

6:24 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Possums?? Eeeeeiiwwww!

Now don't anybody tell my husband that he might be able to find me a skunk coat ...

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page