The Space Between My Peers: The First Formula

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The First Formula

There are those who think it amusing that I actually have formulas and mathematical equations that I use for shopping. Like the one I use to make sure I have the minimum of certain key pieces. Since I wear a wool sweater just about every day that it is below 40, today (7 degrees) is the day I will stop, count, and calculate whether I have enough. Just in case you weren't absolutely certain that I was nuts, here's what I do:

a) Figure out my laundry cycle. What's the longest number of days something might sit in the hamper before it's ready to be worn again?
b) Calculate the percentage of days that I need to be able to wear this type of item.
c) Estimate how many days I can wear something before washing it. (When I had babies, I would estimate how many changes of clothes I needed per day.)

The math:
Multiply a and b, and then divide by c. Or if you are a mother of preschoolers that last operation would be a multiply. I hope you get it. I need to go shopping.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I think if you master that one, you probably have figured out most of what clothing you need ever.

Buy plenty of underwear, I guess.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page