The Space Between My Peers: Second Opinion

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Second Opinion

After posting my previous, What Not To Wear ... To Church, I found this article. Christian ladies, you should all read it in its entirety. Is it speaking to you?

I believe that the way we women are dressed (or undressed) when we go out in public is an important issue, and that several biblical principles support this viewpoint. The first is 1 Corinthians 10:32, which says, "Do not cause anyone to stumble." Pretty simple. What it basically proves is that it is our problem if men in our church have trouble keeping their minds on God because of our choice in fashions. Our feminine desire to be thought attractive must come second to helping men keep their thoughts pure.

That's love. Putting the interests of "other" before the interests of "me". And in no way does that necessitate being unattractive. In most cases, immodest apparel is not the most artistic presentation; but the female form is intrinsically beautiful and can always be used to get attention. Is that the kind of attention you want?

Stay tuned for more on the art and science of dressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page