The Space Between My Peers: What Not to Wear ... to Church

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, December 09, 2005

What Not to Wear ... to Church

Things that I've heard some nice guys (and we all want to encourage guys to be nice, right?) don't really care to see at church (or at the office):
  1. cleavage
  2. thighs
  3. any part of an undergarment, including a bra visible through a shirt
  4. clothing that resembles lingerie
  5. boots with short skirts
  6. fishnet, or other provocative-type, stockings
  7. "more than they want to see" when you sit down

Are there any female readers left that I have not offended? If so, please stay tuned. I'm sure there will be additions to the list.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, girl!!!!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Things I don't want to see on any one over the age of 5, male or female:

*butt cleavage
*underwear (boxers, thongs, whatever)
*sweatpants with elastic at the ankles (shudder...)

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am mostly in agreement with that list, Rebecca. But I still wish I could wear boots with a skirt! And, Beth-I think my husband is ADORABLE in his sweatpants that have elastic at the ankles (although you can't really tell as much because they are so loose and longer on him). =0)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

My husband and I had a similar discussion, more than once. Growing up in a family where bikinis were the norm for summer and short skirts were just about right I had a hard time transitioning to modesty. If women (young especially)realized half the stuff that went through mens minds when they saw them they would shudder. :)We are not to lead others into temptation which means dressing appropriately in each situation.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page