The Space Between My Peers: Contemplating Understanding Each Other

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Contemplating Understanding Each Other

I want to be open to suggestion, but certain suggestions on what to wear tend to make me cranky. As in the example in yesterday's post, the suggestion usually comes from one of my very favorite people. Maybe it's a communication thing.

You say: "Have you ever considered wearing foundation?"

I hear: "Your face is so ugly, why don't you do us all a favor and cover it up?"

My husband used to suggest jeans and sweatshirt all the time . Then I would get frustrated, because sweatshirts just don't work with my figure.

What I did: I resolved to hear "sweater" everytime he says "sweatshirt". It works, since what he really means is that functional, aka sporty, mantra: "dress in layers".


Further reading:
When Styles Collide
Skinny Jeans & the 6 Figure Types
A Pre-School Geometry Lesson

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Agreed!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page