The Space Between My Peers: Lamenting Again

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lamenting Again

0 kids + $$ overtime = dinner out

Last night, my husband took me out for dinner. Trouble is, there aren't many places around here where one can go and feel appropriately dressed in anything other than jeans. So I wore kind of a boring outfit: jeans, gray turtleneck, Converse. Okay, really boring. Still, my hair was done nicely and I had on my "little bit of makeup". I was presentable.

My question is, would I have enjoyed my meal more if I had been wearing fleece, a baggy sweatshirt, or white runners, like so many of the other guests were? What's so much fun about going out dressed sloppy?

As I have said before, if I ask you what to wear, I don't want to know if I can wear my jeans, I want to know if I can wear my ball gown. But I guess I need to work more on the rest of my wardrobe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Perhaps you need to branch out a bit on your restaurant choices. The dressiest ones are probably those located in a hotel (all those business travelers).

I thought you said once that people in your town are more fashion conscious than you would expect. I'm confused.

7:54 PM  
Blogger trelif said...

What about dinner with your friends at your house where you ask them to "dress"? My girlfriends and I would use that as a good excuse to wear our nice dresses

(or will they laugh at that?)

It's a lot of effort if you are the hostess, but it's fun. :-)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Beth: Yes, but then I couldn't have Mexican food. We go out very seldom. A couple of friends have gone to dinner at a very nice hotel downtown and reported that they wore dresses, but this outing was spur-of-the-moment. If we went out more ...

You were right about what I said, but we went to the suburbs, in order to avoid paying for parking. The plus was that we were seated in a booth (unlike when you were here).

Henri: I'm sure my friends wouldn't laugh, but they'd probably enjoy the opportunity to dress up. You're right it would be alot of work, but I could do just dessert.

My husband would enjoy serving, so we could even do something with the young ladies and their moms. hmmmm ...

8:13 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Well, it looks like I may be going out: see this?

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page