The Space Between My Peers: Deep Storage for Wool

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Deep Storage for Wool

Last night I packed my wool away for the summer. A few pieces, like my coat which I actually wore yesterday, will wait and go to the dry cleaner's next month; the majority , as well as a couple of fur pieces, is packed in paper bags and stored in my freezer till next Fall.

Hey, if it works with food, why not clothes? (Once frozen, moth eggs will never hatch.) Next up: taking everything out of the closet to vacuum.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gidget Bananas said...

You freeze your furs? Do tell! Storage fees are a b*tch!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Why not freeze furs?

I have my grandmother's fur stole, I suppose it's about 40 or 50 years old, and for the past several years I have frozen it. I also have a fur collar, not worth much, that I store in the same manner. It makes sense to me; but I don't claim to be an expert in fur storage (please don't sue me).

If I were to somehow come into a fur coat (the vintage shop close to my husband's office has lots of nice ones), I would do the same.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page