A Word or Two About Belts
An incomplete list of ideas for others who won't be wearing this season's latest and greatest belts:
- Men's leather belts, like the one I was wearing yesterday, can be significantly less expensive than women's.
- Consider raiding your dad's wardrobe for belts he has outgrown or doesn't use. Would your husband share his belts?
- Salvation Army, at least here, prices most or all belts $.89. Recently I bought an eelskin belt, in cordovan with bright brass buckle, and got change back from a dollar bill!
- Belts with holes all the way around are more versatile, because they can be adjusted to more sizes.
- For you girly types: this, from Style Bytes.
The old rule of matching shoes and belt? It works. Not strictly necessary, but a way to coordinate a simple wardrobe.
What ideas would you add?