The Space Between My Peers: Tummy Solutions

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tummy Solutions


A reader question:
This is the first time I have heard of the figure type "8". It describes my figure exactly - or it used to. Now that I'm approaching my 70th birthday, I don't know what my figure type is -mainly because my tummy looks like I've swallowed a small watermelon. My waist is still 10 inches smaller than my hips. I cannot figure out what to wear with the tummy situation. Any advice? Pat


Just the other day I stumbled across this advice on Camouflaging a Tummy, from the CoutureCandy personal stylists. It reminded me of my previous stab at the topic, where another reader left this helpful advice:

I think it depends how tall you are- very tall women can wear long tops to camouflage a tummy but if you're vertically challenged its better to bisect your widest area ... I find fitted tops with a slight flare at the bottom which sit just above the hip elongate the body and take attention away from the tummy.


I would add one other thing, a major don't: Don't wear pants that come up high on the waist with a tucked-in top. That look just has the effect of magnifying the tummy trouble, throwing the entire proportion off. Instead, try by-passing the waist with a top that is meant to be worn untucked.

Or try this super-slimming technique: use a dark pant and top, that match, creating a monochromatic column, and top with a bright or eye-catching jacket worn open. Like in this example, from Coldwater Creek.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Fabulous example Rebecca!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page