The Space Between My Peers: What Gives You The Hillary Face?

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What Gives You The Hillary Face?

What styles and/or details make you feel as if you were wearing someone else's clothes, causing you The Hillary Face?

There's a clue in your position on The Fashion Train. Who's ahead of you?


  • Glamorous is right behind the The Real Trendsetter, Alternative.
  • Contemporary follows the fabulously dramatic Ms. Glamour.
  • Timeless is looking at the more current style of the Contemporary Classic.
  • Romantic, aka nostalgic or bohemian. Next after the simplicity of the Timeless Traditional Classics.
  • FUNctional, in theory, is after the natural comfort of the outdoorsy Romantic. (In practice, she could be all over the map.)
  • Making the train into a circle gives the Alternative style personality someone to follow as well: the sporty, natural FUNctional.


The idea here is that whatever style is just before you on the train will be the one which is most intimidating, hence the most uncomfortable. Personally, I have a very close split: primarily contemporary, but very FUNctional as well. Glamour will never get me, and I apologize sincerely for the faces I unintentionally make when that style type is mentioned. (I really do admire you!)

For me, the style that trips me up is all ruffles, lace, and flowy fabrics. You see, I like the looks of that stuff. So I try it on. But I just can't wear it. I know it, but I know alot of people like pretty feminine styles, so I plan on making more of an effort to include them here. For example, I know Romantics have trouble with very structured clothes, such as blazers. (But do you like any of these?)

Speaking of Romantic, I propose that may be Hillary's natural style. My other guess? Contemporary.

Your thoughts?

3 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Hey, good question! I'm a romantic, I believe - more of a bohemian romantic and not a frilly romantic. "Classic" clothes - like, yes, blazers - make me feel like I'm playing dress-up. And I feel goofy in sporty clothing. Interesting!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yeah, clothes that are out of style give me the Hillary face, too. Obviously I'm not finished puzzling out this topic.

Interesting, too, that you mention J Jill as romantic. I agree. I'd love to figure out the styles of all the different stores. You're so right, that is the biggest help in shopping!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Linmayu said...

Hmmm, I feel like anything besides Alternative would give me the Hillary face!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page