The Space Between My Peers: I Suck, And I'm Okay With That

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I Suck, And I'm Okay With That

Now don't get all freaked out; I know I don't really suck. But the workshop I presented this last Saturday was more or less a flop. 10 ladies attended. A few of them didn't look happy when they left.

The remarkable thing is this, I have been fully expecting myself to become bitter or upset, maybe even to speculate that the reason it didn't go over well was because they just aren't interested (in reading their Bibles, that is). But it hasn't happened. That is nothing short of a miracle.

The exchanged life, it works for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

You never know what will come of this in the future! 10 ladies -- that's pretty good, IMO (I don't know how many you were expecting) And didn't it feel good to get all those thoughts organized? :-)

And, this is FYI for your many fans and readers: Rebecca just had a Birthday -- Happy Birthday!!

xoxo

sis

11:09 PM  
Blogger The Frugal Shrink said...

I know it is hard to not be discouraged in situations like that, and I'm so glad you're not!! My mom used to run women's bible study groups and the occasional women's conference, and it was disheartening to see how the women did not want to participate. For the most part, they preferred to sit around and chat rather than learn. I'm not sure what is going on with some church women today, but I am disturbed by it.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Beth, thanks for the birthday wishes!

I was told to expect 40, but my room actually held 60 chairs.

Thanks you both for your encouragement.

Tessa, a thought occurs to me about why the ladies like to sit around and chat rather than learn: do you think they are just starved for conversation? It is certainly a concern ...

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page