The Space Between My Peers: A Single Pair of Shoes

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

A Single Pair of Shoes

If you could only have one pair of shoes, what color should they be? Whatever color your hair is. Of course, I don't want to become some sort of shoe nazi. The principle I'm suggesting is balance. Simply put, your hair is always part of your ensemble, the very top part. Your shoes can repeat the color, like bookends, without necessarily becoming part of what's in between.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps that is why the shoe industry has stated as a code, that Black or Brown should be a shoe staple in the wardrobe...most people's hair either falls into one of those 2 categories at one time or another, unless you are a red hed or a blond and then you still have shades of brown in it. In the Spring there is always the debate about white or bone... Which one would you choose if you had Black hair?

6:12 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Very sharp observation. I agree.

White or bone? As a rule, white doesn't look good ... really ever. An old trick I learned as a pageant participant (a chapter in my life I would like to forget), is to match shoe color to pantihose (read leg color). This works, but length balancing is slightly altered.

Another option: metallic.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page