The Space Between My Peers: Something to Think About

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Something to Think About

I guess I've really been dwelling on the cost per wear concept. As my husband and I were looking at a pair of $300 shoes, the following thought occurred to us: If I bought those shoes and wore them everyday for a year, they would still cost me a dollar a day. According to this Newsweek article, 300 million people in India live on that much money.

It's not like when you were a kid and your mom said, "Clean your plate, there's starving kids in India." We all knew the food sitting on your plate wasn't going to help them. But the money you save on clothes could.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never said that!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Actually, I was hoping for something a little bit more permanent.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page