The Space Between My Peers: Carnivale of Couture: Let's Talk About Leg Warmers!

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Carnivale of Couture: Let's Talk About Leg Warmers!

The Fashionable Kiffen's invitation:

What item/style/look do you wish would become a trend? Or what trend from the past would you like to resurrect?

I'm so glad you asked! I have been so hoping that somebody would resurrect leg-warmers. How about you knitting ladies? It seems all the stylish young ladies in my circle are ready to wear them, but we are all waiting for someone else to go first.

Back in the '80s, when I had to wear pantihose to work everyday, and they had to show, I wore leg-warmers to and from the car, just to keep my legs warm and dry. Now that pantihose are out of favor with many people, what better way to stay warm and express creativity and style than a skirt and leg-warmers? (A skirt and boots?)

Maybe I should have turned this post in to last week's Carnivale.

1 Comments:

Blogger trelif said...

I told myself I would wear leg-warmers (sincerely and not ironically) this past winter if I got my act together to knit a pair or two.

Of course I didn't, but I still wanted to wear them with my skirts, tights, and heels under my desk. They are totally functional! I know some very chic ladies turn up their nose at the idea, but I WILL make a pair before next autumn and wear them PROUDLY.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page