The Space Between My Peers: White Pants Season

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

White Pants Season

With the advent of white pants season upon us, is my grimace a smile or a cringe? I don't know yet which side of my fashion personality, comtemporary or functional, will prevail; whether I will buy white pants or not. But enough about me ...

I smile because white pants look fresh and feminine this season. They are practical because they are a summer neutral, and they make the season's brights pop.

But, ugh, the cause of the cringe: ladies, I just don't want to wonder what kind of underwear you are wearing, and whether I am seeing skin through your thin pants. Please! Right now, today, try on your white pants from last season. Be honest, are they decent? If they are linen or light-weight cotton, they should be lined. If they are denim, they should be thick. If in doubt, throw them OUT!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Well, since you brought it up, I like a very light taupe or khaki with a white crew-neck t-shirt. But, of course, that is a real American SAHM, leisure-type look. And Chacos, of course.

Thanks for dropping by!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

White pants are for people who don't have to ride the bus. So, not me. I need my clothes to withstand the daily grime. Plus bleaching is a pain. White clothing in general is not lifestyle-friendly.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

"White pants are for people who don't have to ride the bus."

Haha. Danielle, I knew you were a woman after my own sensibilities. (I think it was a comment on your blog about tailored clothing.)

I grew up not using bleach due to the environmental risks. In general, it is probably better avoided when possible. And even my beloved white crew-neck t-shirts are kind of a pain; I haven't mastered perspiration stains yet.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page