What to Wear: Easter
Traditional for Easter: a street-length dress in an "easter egg" color, often a spring floral.
- High Fashion: Perhaps you would choose an all white dress or ensemble.
- Deep or Intense Personal Coloring: How about a bold dark + white print?
- Conservative in Embellishments: If you want to step it up a notch, try putting pearls with any outfit you choose.
- Always Wear Pants: Although I don't always wear pants, because I will be sitting on the floor, my plan is to wear linen pants with a silk floral blouse.
- Triangle Silhouette: A two-piece dress or coordinate equals a dress. An ordinary skirt & blouse does not.
- Since Rules Are Made to Be Broken: How about going for the secretary look? Prim blouse + high-waisted skirt with big belt = a look palatable to almost anyone.
One other thing: many of us have an underlying expectation of a new outfit for Easter. That's great, but not strictly necessary. I have seen trend-setters in my circle wearing just an ordinary dress, one that I have seen them wear many times before, to church on Easter. They probably realize it isn't a fashion show, and don't want to shift the focus to themselves by making it one.
So, what about you? What are you going to wear? And what would Charlotte wear?