The Space Between My Peers: It's Alive!

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, April 21, 2006

It's Alive!

Have you noticed the Coutorture link? If you have, have you wondered what it is? Or what they were thinking when they came up with the name? (I tried to talk them out of it.)

Well, if you want to follow fashion news, are interested in exploring the blogs, and don't have a lifetime to invest in it, Coutorture could be for you. Here's a technical explanation of how it works.

By the way, I did have a post appear there today. But not everything you find there will be G-rated.

2 Comments:

Blogger trelif said...

On a "G-rated" tangent: Have I told you that I love your support of modesty in fashion, Rebecca? I don't think it is an element that cuts evenly across the fashion community -- people can have very different political, religious, cultural, and philosophical points of views but still long for a bit more coverage in the clothing department. For me, I don't like feeling "exposed", but that is a very subjective word. What would make me feel conspicuous could give another woman confidence, and since I only inhabit this mind and this body, I have to work with my specific preferences and limitations. Not that I would want any woman to give up her freedom of wardrobe choice; I enjoy seeing the variety out there and am grateful I am not forced to wear or be one thing only. Celebrate the diversity, explore personal individuality, right? I think there is room for all the flowers to bloom as they wish, even the ones of the modest persuasion. I'm glad I've been reading your posts because you offer a perspective that is not typical of my usual sources.

What's nice about your blog is that you like what you like, and you pretty much tell the contemporary trends you abhor to "stick it". ;->

12:31 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Henri, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day!:)

And even though I try to keep my posts G-rated, I still want people to be themselves in the comments. Variety is good.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page