The Space Between My Peers: Toe Liberation

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Toe Liberation

Summer has officially arrived! Okay, not really, but it's trying, and this past week has seen some annual milestones: bye-bye scraps of blue toenail polish leftover from last year, hello fresh paint job; all my linen and sleeveless out from deep storage; the first toughen-up-the-feet outing in my Chacos.

So, other than celebrating what I'm calling Toe Liberation Day, the purpose of this post is to outline my thinking on how many pairs of shoes a person needs: one per lifestyle segment, per season. My summer wardrobe is so simple, here's what it looks like:

Leisure: My flip-flops. I wear them around the house, never for driving, and with swimwear.

Casual: My everyday shoes. My Chacos have black, brown, and khaki straps; they go with everything.

Business: I really don't need business shoes. But I suppose if I did, I would probably wear the vintage ivory patent sandals (they are really more dressy social).

Social: Here's where I was really having the problem. Summer social events around here are bridal showers and outdoor parties; the Chacos would be okay but didn't suit my sensibilities, poky heels stick into the grass, and I don't wear backless shoes. The solution? My new wedges. They're even comfortable!

But I do think it good to let shoes rest a day in-between wears. What about these for a second pair of Chacos?

Chaco - ZX/1 Unaweep (Sassy) - Women's

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooooove chacos. I think You already know that about me. They are the best for my feet, and I think pretty cute for comfy sandles.
Stacy

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page