The Space Between My Peers: Book Review: How to Be a Budget Fashionista (Part 1)

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Book Review: How to Be a Budget Fashionista (Part 1)

Being Friday and near the end of the day, I shall keep this short and sweet; just a taste to whet your appetite for the book How to Be a Budget Fashionista, by The Budget Fashionista herself, Kathryn Finney.

My copy hit mailbox today. (It's been a great mail week: my necklace from Blest With Sons arrived also!) My usual method for reading a book: open it wherever, skim to the end, go back to the beginning, skim the rest. Imagine my delight on popping the book open to The Budget Fashionista Explains: What to Do When Your Favorite Item Becomes a Fashion Faux Pas! (You'll have to read the book to get the answer; I think if you use my link I get some sort of Amazon brownie points.)

If your monthly clothing budget is closer to Kathryn's ($200) than to mine ($42), How to Be a Budget Fashionista will easily pay for itself in the first month. While I don't always agree with her advice on the blog, TBF is clearly a champion shopper.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun book. While looking at it over at Amazon, I clicked up a few others and wondered if you had read this book:
Nothing to Wear? : A Five-Step Cure for the Common Closet by Joe Lupo, Jesse Garza? It's got rave reviews.

~Jody

9:01 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That's the one I'm saving my pennies for. Thanks for reminding me, it'll be a new (budget) month soon.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page