The Space Between My Peers: A Cyan Cycle

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Cyan Cycle

I can't get this picture, taken by The Sartorialist recently in Milan, out of my mind.

More later.

Okay, I'm back. And I've been thinking navy blue all day. What I'm thinking is that we're coming into a major cyan cycle; that is, a trend toward blues which are on the green side. (With the last big blue trend, I recall, we all wanted periwinkle.)

Wardrobe planning considerations:

  • Navy, midnight, and other dark blues work with dark brown hair/eyes. If you are wondering why, go back and read my previous post about complementary colors.

  • Navy is a spring staple. It also enhances workplace credibility.

  • Does your style run to the traditional or are you more contemporary? Blue is a very traditional color; if that's you, stock up.

  • Buying versatile pieces, such as those pictured, and wearing them together is a way for the more contemporary dresser to indulge in blues without getting the blues.

Unfortunately, I have nothing like this outfit, which would have been perfect for this evening. Instead I wore a long crew neck t-shirt, never pictured, about this color, with my new jeans, pink 3/4 sleeve jacket and, of course, the wedges.

Sorry, no time for a picture.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted this because I have been seeing more and more blue trickling into stores as well as the collections. Blue works beautifully with black and compliments many other colors, making it versatile. Bright blues look good with dark hair, as you mentioned, but I would also add that those shades really make red hair pop.
Sasha

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page