The Space Between My Peers: Wardrobe Planning: The Four Seasons

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Wardrobe Planning: The Four Seasons

I've got to find a better place to take photos ...

Since I didn't get much response to yesterday's post about extreme thrifting, I thought I'd show a picture. Perhaps some of you doubt what I got was any good ...

In this picture I am wearing the $10 jeans (INC, in case you were wondering, and I am really happy with how they fit); (the Limited) sateen blazer; and the necklace I won from Blestwithsons.

Now, on to the topic of today's post: where I am relative to each of the four seasons. Sartorially speaking, of course.

  • Spring: Probably today, I will be biffing, freshening up my bleaching and painting clothes, making rags, and generally looking for what is too worn to save for next spring. Since I no longer make many buying mistakes, I don't have any items I just don't like. Wow, was that me that just said that?

  • Tomorrow is the first official day of summer. Between now and July 4th, I will inventory my extreme hot-weather clothes. I figure I need a new outfit to sweat in every day for at least a week. If I don't have enough, I will hit the clearance racks in July.

  • Won't the outfit pictured be great for an autumn evening out with the ladies? I am just beginning to think about what I will need for fall (and shop for it cheap, of course).

  • When I packed my winter clothes away in the freezer, I neglected to get a good inventory of my sweaters. After I de-fuzz my new cashmere "long-sleeve t-shirt", I will pull everything out and make a list before packing it all away. If I have enough sweaters, I won't shop for any more. Oh, and I still need to take a few items in for dry-cleaning.


Year-round wardrobe planning; it works for me. Saves time and money. Lots of money.

WFMW ladies, I'd love to have your input on a question I posed a few days ago.

4 Comments:

Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

Sounds like it keeps you from an overabundant closet of things you don't wear (I have a problem with this myself...too many outfits that don't fit, I don't like anymore, etc)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Year-round wardrobe planning - what a great idea! Very timely for me, too, because I'm suddenly realizing that after 8 years of focusing so much on my kids/being pregnant, I have pretty much no flattering clothes.
BTW - Nice to meet you! Always nice to meet other people with my name! I'm not too worried about confusion, since I have my little picture of Ramona on my comments now... I like your blog!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Ohhhh....I love necklaces from Blest With Sons. I have about 4!! :D

8:39 AM  
Blogger Glass Half Full said...

The jeans are SO flattering!!!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page