The Space Between My Peers: Crazy, With Shirt

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Crazy, With Shirt

So we went to the Crazy Shirt Party. I was pretty sure I wouldn't win a prize, and I was right, but I didn't think people would think my husband's African shirt crazier than my Italian one. I got a couple of votes, but he came in 7th place! (Out of about 15.) The prize? A handy-dandy cell phone charger (I think it works with my future lap-top).

In this picture, and the person who took it didn't seem to think it at all strange that we wanted two pictures--one with faces and one without, you can just see my shirt under the jacket. I didn't wear the jacket the whole time, only when I was sitting in front of the door, but I will probably wear the combination again, even without a crazy theme.

What I really wanted you to see, though, is dug's cool African shirt. We actually met this young man who was a student here in town and he brought over a trunkload of stuff for us to look at. His family makes it all: shirts for men, shift dresses for women, a few little decorative boxes, and loads of gorgeous jewelry. If he ever gets a web-site up, I will definitely link it, but for now, dug's enjoying his uniqueness. And apparently so were a few people at the party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page