The Space Between My Peers: She Didn't Need Me

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Monday, July 24, 2006

She Didn't Need Me

Beth's question:

I am going to be hosting a table at a very fancy "gala" in October. Since you know my body shape and coloring, what would you suggest I look for? I want to appear elegant and classic, but eye-catching as well. I think the eye-catching will come from matching the outfit perfectly to my shape, coloring and personality.


Shopping by silhouette is a wonderful thing about Nordstrom.com, where she found this dress without any help from me. (Unfortunately it is now unavailable and we are back to the drawing board. But it is so pretty, I wanted to post it anyway.)

  • Shape: Beth's body shape is a tall A-line.
  • Coloring: She has warm brown eyes and hair, pink-tone light-to-medium skin.
  • Personality: Her fashion persona is Audrey Hepburn aka Charlotte.


And then, to underscore the elegance of the dress, she found the BEST SHOES EVER (on sale for like $56 until July 31st!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Gorgeous dress! How does one figure out what one's fashion persona IS? I LOVE your site.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks, Beck. I love having you around, too.

This actually is the first time I have used the term fashion persona. Normally, I prefer not to use people to describe another person's style, but Beth has used both those names here before, I think. Quite awhile ago, I wrote a fashion personality quizilla. It's pretty good, but I'd like to get back to it someday and make it about twice as detailed.

About the dress: I just got home from a personal visit to our local Nordstrom, where I was informed that it was a previous season's offering. This season all the dresses similar (she called it Marilyn Monroe style) have mesh, which I'm not so crazy about. :(

3:17 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Cross your fingers. I went online to buy the shoes anyway, and it said the dress is now available. I ordered both, and if all goes well, I will be set. Hopefully I got the sizes right.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yay! Good move. I hope they both work out.

And those shoes will go with anything. The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to get a pair for myself.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page