The Space Between My Peers: I Need Your Input

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, July 21, 2006

I Need Your Input

As usual when I am anticipating a casual evening out, I am currently racking my brain regarding what to wear this Saturday evening. The event: a community theatre production. The venue: a community college theatre. Sure, I could wear anything, but as much as I cry about not getting to dress up, it had better be a little bit special.

If it wasn't supposed to be over 100 degrees that day, I might wear this outfit, in accordance with Danielle's advice on the previous, March 2006, nightlife question. But, then, there is air-conditioning.

A skirt or dress would be nice, something cool and cottony, but I confess that I'm tired of mine, the straight ones I blogged about here. That is, I still like them for church, and for everyday wear, but they don't feel special.

Do you think I should borrow this skirt from my daughter who has like 5 really cute options? She's always willing to share, as am I, but I rarely take her up on it. I hate to think I'm taking advantage.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given that your daughter is willing to share, if it fits you well, and you feel good wearing it, I would say go ahead and borrow that skirt! In the heat there is not much that works as well or feels as good as a flowy cotton skirt.

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you wear Rebecca? I liked your daughter's skirt very much.
~Jody

7:15 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I did wear my daughter's skirt, and I really liked it because, while it is very light, it has a cotton lining. At her recommendation, I wore the pink twinset. My necklace from Blest with sons went perfect!

And it was good that I wore what I did. At the last minute I decided to accompany my husband to a wedding which he was attending just before the show. Trouble was, I didn't realize the wedding was OUTSIDE! Nevertheless, I was as comfortable as I could've been (I left the cardigan in the car, of course).

It was fun, because my husband wore his African shirt and long brown cargo shorts. Did I mention that the play was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat?

I thought about you, Jody, when I was at the wedding. It was very formal, and nothing in the invitation indicated otherwise, but still there were people there in denim shorts. No beer though. LOL

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page