The Space Between My Peers: Garlic When Sick: Works For Me

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Garlic When Sick: Works For Me

So I had this post in mind before I really clued in to this week's Works-for-me Wednesday being the Classics edition. Here's my first one, on year-round wardrobe planning, although right now, it is summer I am packing away, fall I am styling outfits for, winter I am actively filling in the gaps, and spring is stored and on the back burner.

Finally I concluded that it must have become a sinus infection. With every step I took, I could feel my teeth. And it wasn't a good feeling.

Well, I had already been doing everything: echinacea, goldenseal, yin chiao, tea tree oil, zinc; need I go on? It was time to pull out the big guns!

For lunch yesterday I pressed two cloves of garlic into about a quarter cup of sour cream, and ate it with Classic Lays. For dinner, we added several cloves of garlic to a Papa Murphy's pizza with garlic sauce. Today, myself, I have probably eaten the equivalent of at least 3 cloves of garlic. And it worked! My teeth no longer hurt when I walk.

My friend who owns the health food store recommends garlic smashed up in honey. Yummy! Dessert.

Update: Socksmith wondered if the garlic had to be raw. My understanding is that it doesn't, but that SMASHING (or pressing, chopping, whatever) increases the health benefits. In Chinese tradition, they just eat it. Like an apple.

4 Comments:

Blogger owlhaven said...

Oh. Yum!!!!

Mary, mom to many

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garlic mashed in honey? That's definitely going on my "must try" list.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

My mother used to make us eat garlic honey when we had colds. It worked, but I'm convinced that it was the NASTINESS of the thing that scared the cold germs away.

I love garlic, and I love honey. I DO. NOT. love them together.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

I love garlic, and I have a sinus infection right now. Thanks for sharing, I'm off to my refrigerator! =)

Garlic + honey?! I have to try this!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page