The Space Between My Peers: My House Has Gas

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My House Has Gas

I don't mean radon.

Earlier in the week, it sounded like our house had gas. Whenever we ran water, it was followed by a funny little noise; the kind that makes you want to look around, say excuse me, and then giggle uncontrollably.

Thankfully, my husband is a mechanical genius. And we have a chemist friend who clued us into the fact that drain cleaner = chlorine bleach.

When I was a kid I always thought bleach laundry was something to be avoided, on an environmental basis. But when the environment outside, in the form of tree roots, began to encroach on essential household functions, such as indoor plumbing, my pre-conceived notions came up for re-examination.

What works for us? Occasionally running a gallon or so of cheap chlorine bleach through our out-going pipes. It beats calling a plumber.

So sorry. This post had nothing to do with the mission of this blog. I'll get back to it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea. I've used bleach to get rid of the little dark circles that form around the drain that don't seem to come up with scrubbing, but I didn't know it would clear out the pipes, too.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Wow, I may have to try this. Great tip.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Shalee said...

Excellent. $2 compared to $70? I'll go for the bleach.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I think I will try this. Thanks.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page