The Space Between My Peers: What's Your Favorite Color?

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

What's Your Favorite Color?

As an ice breaker in a training some time ago, the trainer asked us to go around the room and share our favorite color. Imagine everyone's surprise when, a year later at that same event, I was able to repeat their favorite colors back to them (some of the people hadn't even been there the year before, and I still knew their favorite color)!

Well, it's not all that tricky. I'm not a mind-reader (I'm a clothes-reader! hehe).

By style personality, the most common favorite colors:

  • Functional aka Sporty: Red, green, and camo. Yes, camo is a color! (Insistence that camouflage is a color is indicative of a strong functional influence in the personal idiom.)

  • Nostalgic, comfortable, aka Romantic (or bohemian): Favorite is usually purple. Often says they love pink, as well. Since this style is usually pretty outdoorsy, green wouldn't surprise me either.

  • Timeless classic, aka traditional: Here in the Great Northwest, she most often chooses navy, or some other blue. I understand, however, that in Texas people like yellow (*heavy*temptation*to*shudder*). That's okay. I'm sure it has to do with the light. In any light, sometimes chooses peach.

  • Contemporary (classic): Uh, yeah, we don't want to be pinned down to a single favorite. Or we'll tell you the color of the month and say it's always been our favorite. In all honesty. Otherwise, perhaps a color that just looks really good on. Maybe pink?

  • Glamorous, aka Dramatic: Black, charcoal gray or white maybe, and red.

  • Alternative, the trendsetter: Either black or something very bright. Maybe purple or orange.

How to use this information? Just know that sometimes it's important to find a way to wear a certain color, even if it's not in your packet of 30 colors.

Can you tell I'm having vocabulary issues? It's up to you wonderful people to straighten me out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I had to laugh, because as I was reading along I was thinking, "I don't have a favorite color" and then I thought "Well, I could just say burgundy because that is the color that looks best on me."

I laughed, of course, when I got to the contemporary classic description.

I'm so transparent!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That's funny! Well, I guess this post worked. :)

11:13 PM  
Blogger ROSAMARIA said...

I would have to say that I am "contemporary - classic" since i dont really have a favorite color. And yes, the color pink is often the default answer. Otherwise, i love wearing earth tones..fall colors like brown, burgundy, beige, tan...most of my purses and shoes are these colors as well!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page