The Space Between My Peers: How to Wear an Intense Color When You're Not

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How to Wear an Intense Color When You're Not

On what appeared to be the final sunny Saturday of the Fall, I chose this outfit to wear to a women's conference. Doing so, I stumbled onto an extremely useful color combining technique.

When I bought this jacket, I wondered if I would be able to use it. Although it fits nicely, the color is much too intense for my personal coloring. But here's the trick: the top is the same color as the jacket -- only TINTED (white added) like my hair and skin.

So simple, and yet so profound!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh good! I'm glad it works in reverse (makes sense).

Why you don't like to wear white probably explains, too, why I have never liked black. Neither of my daughters do either. I mostly use black as an accent.

I thought of you the other day when I picked up a little leopard print blouse for $1 at Value Village! :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What Jennifer said!

I also think that if there's a neutral that particularly suits you (i.e. black, gray, brown) you can take the brights you might not ordinarily wear and mix them in. It works particularly well if the neutral top has a collar or high neckline.

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I like it too because I like bright colors (good or bad :0), but this helps tone it down.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page