The Space Between My Peers: Tape Your Belt in Place

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tape Your Belt in Place

Last week I posted two different pictures of me wearing my brown suede boots and belt: one with low-rise jeans (scroll all the way down for that picture) and one with a high-waisted skirt. The same belt. Are you with me on the problem here?

See the trouble, is if I try to wear a belt high up on my waist, there's this long tail flopping around. I've tried different things, tucking the belt around, making a paper-clip keeper (--really). The textbook answer is to buy a different belt. But I could hardly bring myself to spend the money on the first one!

Enter double-stick tape. The kind you use to hold carpet down. That is what's holding the tail of my belt in place in the high-waisted picture. Removing the tape right after changing, I didn't even damage my $4 belt. That works for me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Thanks for the tip! =)

10:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great belt. I am not a clothes girl, so I'm certainly not an accessories girl, but I know it can make a big difference. $4 I can handle. $30--not so much. I think that belt looks terrific with the skirt.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Hmm I don't think I would have thought of that. Great tip.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love double stick tape...it's uses are infinite!

Thanks for posting such a great tip!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That doesn't look like a $4 belt, great find, great tip.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page