The Space Between My Peers: Rate My New Purse

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Rate My New Purse

Well, what do you think?

Personally, I think it's sporty, functional, and elegant at the same time. Throw in the fact that it's so new it doesn't even appear at the Wilsons Leather website (I was the first to buy one at the store I went to), and I proclaim it a perfect fit with my idiom. Not to mention that, even at full price, it was under $100.

If you're interested, you could go back and refresh your memory when it comes to the pathetic scruffiness of the bags I have carried since I started this blog:

So how do you like this one? Do you care to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10? Is it respectable?

You bargain-hunters may be interested in WIlsons Leather Clearance Sale. (I was pleasantly surprised by their selection in the store.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I love it! I can't tell if it is brown or deep plum. Can you clarify? I also cannot believe you spent anything close to $100 on a handbag. But it is gorgeous!

BTW, that reminds me... I need to bring in my bag of Goodwill purchases from the car. I found a couple of sweaters for myself (along with pants for Sam and shoes for Athena) but I didn't try them on so I don't know if they are keepers.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yeah, that is my favorite leather color -- "can't tell if it's brown or deep plum" (I think the official name for that color is cordovan, but I'm not positive).

I'm so glad you both like it. Any thoughts about having a set of the little feet thingies added?

Y'know I never would have spent that much if I hadn't had birthday money, but I'm confident that I will be glad I did in the long run. I'm just sick of vinyl purses only lasting a season, and I never find good leather ones when I'm thrifting. I just don't like shopping for a purse all that much.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

w00t!!! Super bag, wonderful hardware, nice detail with the perforated leather contrast.

I confess, I'm of the opinion that spending the money for a good quality classic leather bag is money well spent. I think you highlighted this by saying the cheaper vinyl bags don't last.

As to feet -- well, if the cobbler can match the hardware, I'm all for it. Otherwise, it is a darker leather (less likely to show dirt), so I'd not go that route. I generally find even with double handled bags I can get them to hang on the arm of a chair, or even the arm of the aisle seat in the movie theatre.

4:26 AM  
Blogger The Frugal Shrink said...

Cute!!!!! I really like Wilson's Leather bags. I go to an outlet store sometimes and score some vintage-y (my favorite kind) looking bags on the cheap.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Wendy, that's a good point about hanging the bag, and it reminds me -- one of my favorite things is that with the shorter straps, if I have to hang it on my shoulder, it actually puts the bag IN my waist, with the weight on my hip.

Tessa, that's so great that you can go to an outlet!

I'm so glad both of you like it! (This is alot of fun!)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rebecca, you're absolutely right! The handle drop has to be right! (I always look for that measurement when online shopping.) If the bag hits in the right spot (under the arm, above the hip, close to the body) it is more comfortable and easier to carry.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Linmayu said...

If it fits your idiom, then it's a 10! I wish I could find a purse that fit mine. ; ;

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page