The Space Between My Peers: Recognizing a Good Fit

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Recognizing a Good Fit

We've all had the experience, when shopping, of wondering, "Are the shoulders too big?" or "Are these pants too tight?". At least, those are my top two questions. Yours may be different, but you get the idea.

(If it's technical discussion of fit issues you want, I refer you to Fashion Incubator, by Kathleen Fasanella, premier patternmaker and exceedingly gracious blog hostess. Of course, over there I am mostly a lurker, the issues being outside my areas of responsibility, circle of influence, whatever. Still, it's fun to listen.)

For the everyday person who is just trying to get dressed, this works:
  • Vertical lines on the garment = too big
  • Horizontal lines on the garment = too small
Yep, it's as simple as that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,

I was reading another blog that I had read in some time and several of the recent posts have been about fashion. I thought you might enjoy perusing it -- www.girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk

Susan in Texas

11:30 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

What a coincidence, I just happened on that one this morning! Thanks!

And if you have recommendations about homeschool ones, send them to me. A number of my friends read this but are only marginally interested in fashion, what they are really interested in is homeschooling.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have several friends with blogs and I can recommend them all - they are homeschool moms and their blogs are mostly about their lifestyles - learning in the home, Charlotte Mason influences in most cases...

http://bessiesimpledays.blogspot.com/ - Renee in Arkansas

http://storybookwoods.typepad.com/storybook_woods/ Clarice in Washington

http://merrywoodcottage.blogspot.com/ Carla in Minnesota

http://abiding.blogspot.com - my friend, Leslie, here in Texas

and a couple recommended to me that look good:

http://homeliving.blogspot.com/

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lindafay

Enjoy!

Susan in Texas

2:19 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey, Stacy, I made these all into links 'specially for you. Now you and the other ladies will have to let me know which ones are the most helpful.

Renee in Arkansas

Clarice in Washington

Carla in Minnesota

my friend, Leslie, here in Texas

recommendation 1

recommendation 2

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun. I also ran into the girl talk blog and thought..." I really should tell Rebecca about this". Then promptly forgot. Thanks for the links.
Stacy

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page