The Space Between My Peers: Carnivale of Couture: Movie Don'ts

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Carnivale of Couture: Movie Don'ts

Fashion is a verb:
"My question to you all is this: What movie do you credit with being responsible for the biggest Fashion Don'ts? In other words- Which movie started off clothing trends that never should have been."

Since Flashdance was already taken, by none other than our venerable hostess, I had to ask advice on this one. Enter the man with answers. Without skipping a beat, he answered, "Rocky Horror Picture Show". Thankfully that movie is mostly dim memory to me, so I had to ask him what he meant. I can't possibly post pictures of that here, so you will have to make do with a link to the Bible passage which calls it a "don't". Aren't you glad we now have a more sartorially inspiring cult movie?
But, hey, how about some good news? The next Carnivale of the Couture will be HERE! I have a fun topic in mind; check back, I will post it early. For now I'll just say: be observing carefully the people around you.

Does anyone besides me think it strange that "venerable" means "worthy of respect", but "venery" means "the pursuit of sexual activity"? Hmmm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally off topic!

Yesterday morning as I was getting ready for church I realized I was about to put on my greatest bargain ever (at least that I can remember) -- several years ago (I am thinking 6 - 7 ) I bought two linen jumpers from Chadwick's for $12.00 each - one peach and one flax/ecru. They are fully lined A-line jumpers with welt pockets at an angle on the front. They are machine washable; I hang dry just about everything and they do need ironing, but I iron too, so they are not unusually difficult for me to take care of. So, these do usurp my winter coat as my greatest fashion bargain.

Susan

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page