The Space Between My Peers: Vogue May 2006 Art: Keira on the Cover

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Vogue May 2006 Art: Keira on the Cover

In my series on Vogue cover art, my purpose has been to explain analytically how universal artistic principles apply in a contemporary application; then to explain to readers of this blog how they can use those principles to enhance their own unique beauty. The May Vogue featuring Keira Knightley on the cover has been in stores for awhile now (see more opinion at Fashionologie) and, honestly, I have been struggling for what to say ...

How'd you like the new Pride and Prejudice? I'd watch it again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I've adored Keira since Bend it Like Beckham. The new P&P was great - I would see it again too.

As for the Vogue cover, well, I don't know what to say either. She looks much too thin (head too big for her body).

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie and my niece, Stacy, and I went to see the new P & P when it came out last fall and none of us liked it at all. I should add that each of us has watched the BBC version many times, have read all of Jane Austen's books, and even own the Pride and Prejudice board game, so we might be called fans :-). I didn't expect the new movie to be like the BBC version, yet I was still sorely disappointed. I could barely sit through it. I didn't like the fact that Jane and Lizzie were not confidants; I didn't like the shabby clothes and poor hairstyling (remember, though they weren't wealthy, they were still gentry); I thought there was little in the "building" of the romance between Lizzie and Darcy; I didn't like the interpretation of Lizzie - she was far too silly in my opinion; and I could go on, but I won't. The only thing I did like was the scenery :-)

Not a fan - Susan in Texas

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't like the Keira cover -- she's WAY too thin and looks like a wet cat. I was really looking forward to the new P&P but was sorely disappointed. My daughter and I have watched the BBC P&P so many times that we've become spoiled by the time it takes to develop the characters into believable people and this movie hardly had time for that. We both said that if we hadn't known the storyline, we'd have missed the whole point of the movie.
~JodyC

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page