The Space Between My Peers: Tour of Homes, AKA In Which I Embarrass Myself with Pictures of Real Life

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Tour of Homes, AKA In Which I Embarrass Myself with Pictures of Real Life

In response to encouragement from HolyMama, I am participating in BooMama's Bloggy Tour of Homes. Trouble is this: I have been focussing on learning something new this week and wasn't really thinking about doing this. So what you see is what it's really like here right now.

The front door image ~ Because my frugal people have been blogging about staying cool, I wanted to show this picture. Taken in the morning, and my house faces east, you can see the umbrella is entirely shading one window. Very effective!


Where I blog ~ a corner of the living room. With kids at home, I highly recommend the computer be located in a central place. Promotes accountability and discourages family fragmentation.


The living area ~ from another angle.


The kitchen ~ desperately in need of a makeover, but nowhere near the top of the list yet.

See the dishwasher? It's just for show. We haven't plumbed it in because to use it, we would have to take the drawer next to it out.

And, because this is a fashion blog, my closet:

18 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

great house! i love the living room. the wood floors are beautiful!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

LOL!! I love the umbrella idea, and our computer is in the middle of our living room too - Lil' Duck isn't old enough to be really on it yet, but it just worked out that way with the outlets and such!

11:50 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

whooo hooo a fashion blog...girlfriend I am adding you to my bloglines!!!
I love anything to do with that!
Hey, loved your place...come see me sometime!!
:-D

12:18 PM  
Blogger Chellie said...

I'd do anything for a beautiful entry like that... love the red door!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Thanks for the tour. I think your house is quite cute!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing your lovely home - the red door adds punch and liveliness to it ;) I'll have to do something like this when I move into my new place in Mexico! (Of course, I'll have to post it at this blog though!)...

8:23 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey Maria, it's good you stopped by to look, since I did once offer to sell it to you. ;D

9:04 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Thanks so much for sharing your home with us..it's very warm & inviting:-) I love the wood floors in your living room...I eventually want to get rid of all my carpets and put wooden flooring in. Thanks again for the tour:-)

5:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the outside. So beautiful. And you even tied it in by showing your closet. Good work. I recognized your handle from my friend Katrina's blog, I think, so I popped to the bottom!

10:02 AM  
Blogger rena said...

The red foor is perfect!
Your home is so warm and cozy.
Thanks for letting us tour.

1:44 PM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Thanks for the tour of your home. I love the view of your front door.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

cute! :)

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute closet!!:)
And.... I love the rest of our house, too - especially the umbrella. My husband would think that is a slick idea!
Blessings!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for the tour!!!!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute house, your living area is so cozy. You are so right about the computer being in a central location, good idea. Thanks for sharing your home.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, and I think you tried to sell me your Audi as well, right? Ha!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

You have a nice home & nice blog, too. Thanks for visiting me today.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Shannon M. Herren said...

You have a lovely home! I like the style of your coffee table. Thanks for sharing!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page