The Space Between My Peers: When to Make an Exception

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Friday, August 25, 2006

When to Make an Exception

You have probably heard the expression "You have to know the rules to know when to break them". Here, from the comments on my post Growing Up Your Wardrobe Painlessly, is a great example:

Wendy said...
Hear! Hear!

Disclaimer: I own one "message shirt" -- a long sleeved hoodie promoting Manolo's shoe blog.


If you do wear a message tee do it purposefully, and for a fun reason.

And, unless you're trying to increase the space between you and your peers, never wear your bad attitude on your shirt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

That's hilarious! I do have some t-shirts that my husband designed, which I think are excellent exceptions to the rule.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Heth said...

What about my "I love Twinkies" shirt? Is that one ok?

7:36 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hehe ... I suppose it depends on where you're going.

When I first saw Napoleon Dynamite, I really wanted a Vote For Pedro shirt to wear with my ball-gown skirt. Unfortunately, I wasn't invited to any political events that year.;D

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page