My Coat Wardrobe
This jacket is too romantic for me but ... maybe you'd like it.
In my lifestyle segmentation pie chart, only two slices are really worth serving: leisure and casual. Living in a region with four distinct seasons requires more coats, to my practical mind, than would seem necessary. But they are.
Here's the run-down:
- Leisure winter coat = a puffy down jacket. Currently I am using a black one, which will naturally be replaced when I happen on something in a great color (for the single dollar which I paid for this one).
- Casual winter coat: If I could only afford one coat, it would have to be a topper-length wool. Like my aubergine one I blogged back here.
- Leisure spring: uh, yeah. We'll have to come back to this one. I do have the suede jean jacket, but that's no good if it rains.
- Casual spring. Back here I mentioned that I consider a leather coat a great rain coat. After trying it on again, I am keeping the leather blazer. What remains to be seen is whether it will make a suitable (read: warm enough) spring coat for me.
- Leisure summer: a white jean jacket. What else? (I do have a windbreaker, in case I go to the beach with my parents.)
- Casual summer: All summer long I carry a cardigan around in my purse. Comes in handy at restaurants, the grocery store, basically anywhere air-conditioned.
- Autumn leisure: the burgundy quilted pictured here.
- Autumn casual: This black chenille bedspread looking thing is what I've been using. Works for me.