The Space Between My Peers: DIY: Knee-length Board Shorts

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

DIY: Knee-length Board Shorts

In one of my most-googled posts ever, Modest Swimwear, I described my dream swimsuit. It remains a dream. Remember these board shorts? Only $6.99 American, plus $18.95 shipping and handling!

So ... a couple of weeks ago, at our church's family camp, I got a wild hair and made my own. You see, I have one ancient swimsuit. It's one-piece, with a modest neckline, but I'd love to replace it because it doesn't fit great. It does, however, match with EVERYTHING "swim" I own: my Reef flip-flops and my short swimshorts. I even had a pair of matching cargo capris in board short fabric. Had. That is, until I ran over to the camp kitchen, borrowed a pair of scissors, and made myself a very "hack" pair of knee-length board shorts.

Hehee. It works for me.

BTW, I got those capris from a daughter for $1, the usual going price when an item moves wardrobes within our family. For more on how we taught the ladies to budget for their own wardrobes see this old post: Crazy Budgeting Mama.

6 Comments:

Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, I desperately need to learn how to sew so I can do cool things like this! Good for you!

I’ve posted a WFMW tip as well, involving instructions on creating blogger categories. Please stop by and take a peek. :)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Just to clarify, when I said "hack", what I meant was, "I hacked them off. No sewing.

Thanks for dropping by. And I can use all the blogging help I can get.:)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Ah, so you didn't sew them. Hmm...maybe I could do this then. :)

Good luck when you try creating categories. Let me know if you have questions along the way and I'll try to help!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wonderful idea, I'm always doing something like this myself ;)! Our tip is up and we're also hosting the Carnival of the Vanities today - busy day in duck-land!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found this site through WFMW, and I can see I am going to have to come back and peruse some more! I've puzzled over modest swimwear for some time and appreciate the ideas. Looks like some other neat posts about clothing.....I'll be back!!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Very creative, I love it.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page